Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hansen Dam Show March

Hansen Dam had its first Dressage Show on March 14th and 15th. I was lucky enough to show both Susan Peacocks 5 year old gelding Flieger Stern and my 22 year old schoolmaster Rugged Appeal. For Flie it was his second show and apart from some spooking and a bit of tension he was wonderful!! He received 7s and 8s on his gaits, his overall scores were a bit lower than expected but with more mileage he will continue to improve and promises to be a wonderful FEI horse. 
For Rugby it was not his first or second show but it was our first show together in over 5 years. I am so thankful to the LaFever's for sending him back to me. After only 5 months back into consistent work we showed First Level Test 3. On Saturday we received a 63.715% from Ann Cizadlo, Rugby got a 7 on his gaits. Not bad for a 22 year old school horse. Sunday we received a 70.572% also from Ann Cizadlo. We got 7's on all our collective marks. except for my rider's position which I got an 8 on. :) Rugby and I received Reserve Champion for the show and are already looking forward to August. Until then my student Nicole Hopper will be showing Rugby at the IEL show on April 11th, and then they will work on qualifying for CDS and DASC Championships. 
The show was a wonderful success and was so well organized by David Schmutz and his team at GDS Equestrian that no one had to worry about anything. I was excited to see many members of the Pomona Chapter drove up to compete in the show and support this wonderful venue. 
Keep checking in for updates and a synopsis of the Conrad Schumacher Clinic I am riding in March 30-April 1. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. 
You can also view both of my rides on Rugby through the videos link on my website!!! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment